On this Fashion Friday my thoughts turn to a different aspect of fashion. My niece will be modeling how to wear a scarf or pashmina, but, a deeper question is the main topic. As women we all want to look our best when we emerge out of our closet, but what about how we look when our character is showing like the old-fashioned-slip-out-from-under-our-dress? So here is my question…
How do you make your character look like a million bucks?
I posted this as my status on Facebook this week:
If you are someone who enjoys making others feel bad about themselves, remember this… you never look good doing it.
If the goal is to look impeccable, then our character should be the first garment we drape over our bodies. Consider how to wear a pashmina. As I look to my sweet niece to see what is chic right now… I see so much more.
I’m reminded…not to stoop to the level of those who gossip, tear others down or enjoy making others feel bad about themselves…
Instead, do good to those who hate you…
Look to the golden rule for guidance. Do unto others…
Bless those who curse you…
If someone takes your coat… offer them your pashmina, too!
Making a statement in more ways than one…
Here are 10 Ways We Can Live Like a Million Bucks from the Inside-Out:
1) Live Faithfully – Love God.
2) Live Loyally – Be devoted to those we love.
3) Live in Humility – Be confident in ourselves without an air of self-importance. Always consider others more important than ourselves.
4) Live Politely – Manners and good behavior will always look beautiful and never go out of style.
5) Live Dependably – Do what we say we will do.
6) Live Generously – Whether it is our time, our gifts or talents or our money, meet the needs around us. The rewards are pressed down, immeasurable and overflowing.
7) Live Honestly – Be honest with ourselves and others. Good character is what you do when no one else is looking.
8) Live to Forgive – Holding grudges is an ugly business.
9) Live Real – Be yourself. After all there’s no one else in the world created like you.
10) Live Determined – Set goals to live out our good character and be persistent – even when it’s uncomfortable.
As you are getting dressed next week, I pray that if your slip is showing as you walk out the door, it is a characteristic that makes you live like a million bucks!