Deborah Boland is an influential style blogger and certified image consultant with The Association of International Image Consultants International. As a Leading Style Expert for women over 40, and editor of Fabulous after 40, it is an honor to feature her here on Fashion Friday.
September can be a difficult fashion month here in the South. It are still hot enough to live in linen shorts and cotton t-shirts, but that is just not that fabulous! Here are 7 Fall fashion tips Deborah shared with me recently to help you transition into cooler days:
Fall Fashion Tips from Deborah
1. Suede used to be just for Fall but now it’s a year-round fabric. A suede wedge makes a great transitional shoe between Summer and Fall.
2. Many women pair black with leopard print, which works, but a more exciting combination is to wear it with a gorgeous green.
3. Don’t be afraid of fringe. A little goes a long way and will give you a hip, free-spirit vibe.
4. There’s nothing more slimming than all black with a pop of color to add energy and life!
5. One of the coziest coats of Fall is a wrap coat. Gray with burgundy is a rich, sophisticated combination.
6. Leather leggings are a great wardrobe staple. They go with everything and look fab with animal prints.
7. A long vest is a great accessory with leggings or skinny jeans. Wear it over all black to create a long lean line.
I’ve styled at least 7 outfits from my own closet for the next week just from her tips. I’ll be wearing my skinny jeans with my suede wedges, a lightweight gray poncho over a burgundy monochromatic outfit and my animal print flats with a green silk blouse and black skinny jeans – just to name a few. I can’t wait to sport my leather-trimmed, skinny black pants with a leopard print tunic and I’ve corralled all my long vests into one place to grab for last-minute-out-the-door outfits. My daring fringe day will include a beige poncho with fringe down the sides that I found recently at Chico’s. I just hope I can make it out the door in that one. The kitties love playing with fringe.
You can find lots more fun and fashionable photos on Deborah’s Instagram page. A great big thank-you to Deborah for sharing her expertise with us today.
Fashion Question of the Week: Do you wear white after Labor Day?
Linking with these utterly fabulous parties: