Hayrides and bonfires are just around the corner, but for now, we are still hanging on to the final days of summer. In honor of the season I love, I’ve put together one final summer tablescape for 007 and I. I wanted bandana napkins. This is how to fold them to look like a bandana.
Fold a bandana into a triangle.
Pull up two corners and have your kitty supervise.
Hold the third corner with the other two.
Slip the three corners through the napkin ring.
Lay the two long corners out horizontally and the bottom one lays vertically.
The Last Days of Summer Tablescape
- The wooden placemats are a past purchase from Pier 1
- Anchor bowls were purchased this year at TJMaxx
- Hammered cocktail mugs – TJMaxx (funny name!)
- Red-dipped glassware – TJMaxx
- Bandanas – The Dollar Tree
- Star salt/jelly/butter dishes – The Dollar Tree
- Rope napkin rings – Pier 1
Votives used as salt dishes or to serve jelly with a biscuit. 😉
- Shells, driftwood, fishnet and coral pieces are a past purchase from Pottery Barn
- Red salad plates I’ve had for years.
The Blue Willow dishes were a gift from my mother-in-love.
I love the coral pieces and battery-operated candles.
This is the bistro table where 007 and I usually have brunch on the weekends. Nothing fancy, just eggs, grits, bacon/sausage and biscuits. I’ve found that even a simple breakfast on pretty plates can make the meal taste better.
As we sit to enjoy our brunch
Time together gives the week an extra punch
I’m the short order cook
With no recipes to follow from a book
We eat inside to avoid the heat
Although we do so love the summer sweet
We work together to make cleanup a breeze
And the rest of our Sunday a day of ease.
Don’t forget to register for the drawing for these fantabulous coffee mugs!
Click here to enter.
Linking with these utterly fabulous parties: