Day 12 of 31 Days of Tablescape Decorating: Keep the Shoes and Ditch the Broom
Here’s a little bewitching news
She shared with a raspy wheeze
It’s true that a witch must pay her dues
Stirring cauldron pots and fighting wart disease.
She cast her spells with magic so black
Her nose may melt in the flames of hell
The broom she straddles fashioned from a haystack
Can neither idle nor stop for a bid farewell.
Her shoes and hat though fairly crooked
Are treasures she considers to be quite sacred
For the goal of every witch
From Salem to Purgatory
Is to keep the shoes until her days of glory
And with one final sweep, the broom to ditch
for its days of drudgery
and find instead a life of luxury.
While, I’m not a big Halloween-lover, I have to tell you that this was a fun post to photograph as well as write. Here are the table details.
- I used lanterns, chargers, plates and votives I already had and found everything else on the cheap at Tuesday Morning or Dollar Tree.
- I cut the sticks to fit the boot (Tues Morning) and added Spanish moss and one little black crow (Dollar Tree).
- To the black lanterns I added votives filled with candy corn for a little pop of color. In each votive there’s a small tea light for a bit of witchy ambiance.
- The black and white striped napkins were placed beneath a purple salad plate atop a white dinner plate. On top of the salad plate is my favorite find of the day. A little black soup mug that looks like a witch’s cauldron! How lucky to find two of them in the clearance section of Tuesday Morning! Fun. Fun. Fun!
- I added white lace doilies for place mats, because even witches like a little lace!
- The glassware I also found at Tuesday morning and the black and white lacy pattern fit the theme perfectly.
- A bit of ribbon (Dollar Tree) was added to the lantern and voilà. I was done.
Now if my sexy warlock will just stir up some dinner, I’ll truly be living a life of luxury!
I’m thrilled to be joining this spooky Halloween Link Party: