Thursday, September 26, 2019 is National Key Lime Pie Day
Who knew there was a National Key Lime Pie Day? Well, all I can say is… YUMMM! How much do we love this?! So guess who’s celebrating with you? Southern Antiques & Accents! Yes, all day on Thursday or until there is no more pie 🙁 all shoppers will get a nice, just-so-sweet, just-so-tart, piece of key lime pie! We are literally counting down the days!
On Monday, it will be such a fun day! I’ll get my little Publix shopping basket and fill it with key limes, graham crackers and a few of Aunt Mabel’s secret ingredients. And since I have pie on the brain, I just might pick up the ingredients for my other favorite pie. Chicken Pot Pie. It’s hard to focus. Only 3 more days until …
On Tuesday, oh my! I will be giddy all day long!
Wednesday there’ll be cracker crumbs all over the kitchen. And a little limeade to whet the whistle!
Here is my recipe for limeade:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice = approx. 8 limes
- 1 cup sugar
- almost 2 quarts of water
- lime slices for garnish
- Add lime juice to your prettiest lime or lemon painted pitcher
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves
- Fill the pitcher with water – approximately 2 quarts
- Add a few lime slices to the pitcher
- Serve over ice and garnish with lime slices
- Refrigerate leftovers
And then finally!!! It’s here! The national holiday of all holidays!
Come one, come all! Come early! Don’t miss out! The dealers at Southern Antiques & Accents want to celebrate this national holiday with you!
254 Greeno Road
Fairhope, AL 36532
Thursday, September 26, 2019
And just in case you miss it… but I hope you don’t!
Key Lime Pie Ingredients-
- 1 10 inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 16 oz whipped topping
- a few sprigs of mint for garnish
Mix lime juice with condensed milk. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust and refrigerate for at least an hour. I like it better overnight. Garnish each slice with sliced lime and mint.