Delight Your Husband for Valentine’s Day
I have been married for 39 years in September and after all this time, I know without a doubt the things that make 007 smile. These are easy things that will bring you closer to your hubby. I would love for you to share what delights your husband, too. Especially now that we are weeks away from Valentine’s Day.
1. First of all, go on bike rides together.
When our kids moved out of the house, the first thing I thought we should get rid of was their bicycles. 007 wanted to wait a few months to see if we might enjoy bike rides together. He was so right! And talk about delight! We felt like kids again. I even let go of the handlebars once!
2. Delight your husband by seeing a play at a neighborhood theatre.
I would have lost a bet if you’d told me when we first married, that there would come a day when 007 would enjoy the arts. But after his first play, Les Miserables, he was hooked. Now we love watching local actors perform in our little theatre on the corner.
3. Equally fun is to picnic on the beach.
4. Occasionally, a visit to Starbucks can satisfy a sweet tooth.
5. As soon as there’s even the slightest bit of boredom, try something new. For us it was kayaking. What a fun day!
6. By all means, pour a glass of wine and look through your wedding album. It brings up such happy memories.
7. If by chance, you are animal lovers, rescue a kitten.
We found Scarlett in a kill shelter. She grabbed my heart immediately. He loved her too.
Before you read any further, pour yourself another glass of wine. This is about to get delicious!
Delight Your Husband with The Wine of the Month Club
When I was only 12 years old, the first and Original Wine of the Month Club®, was founded. While I was drinking Orange Crush in Alabama, there was a completely different crush going on in California. I remember watching a black and white “I Love Lucy” episode on television where she crushed grapes with her feet. I laughed at her funny faces. At first, she was a bit reluctant to put her feet in a barrel filled with that years’ harvest; but once she did, it wasn’t long until she was dancing in the juice.
Meanwhile, in 1972, Paul Kalemkiarian, owned a premier wine shop in Southern California. He began tasting the “juice” for his customers.
Wow, what a man! What a job! What a crush!
The Wine of the Month Club began once he decided to offer the two best values he tasted each month to his customers. And today, all these years later, the tasting, searching and dancing continue. Only now, it is the customers who dance. The quality and value of the wine have collectors dancing to open the door to their monthly shipment. I love to dance.
Check out the following selection. Besides, someone is likely already dancing.
Pinot Noir Series Gift Membership Two curated selections of the best Pinot Noir I can find from all over the world.
Each shipment is accompanied by our full color newsletter packed with information for both the novice and experienced wine taster. It includes winery and winemaker history, recipes, cellaring suggestions, serving suggestions and wine anecdotes to share.
Now it gives me great pleasure to share these values with you just in time for Valentine’s Day. While sipping your second glass of wine, prepare the following deliciousness. During bake time, check out the website, sign up for a membership and and watch to see who’s dancing on Valentine’s Day!
8. Prepare and Serve Husband’s Delight
This is a family favorite. I found this recipe in my mom’s stash of recipes, years ago and tried it to see if it would indeed delight my husband. Added Bonus: The kids loved it too!
Husband’s Delight Ingredients
- 10 ounces egg noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes w/ juice, salt and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese and onion and mix well. Instead of layering, I cheat here and mix the ground beef mixture with the noodles. I think the flavors blend together better.
- Next, in a 9×13 inch baking dish, place half of the egg noodles, then all of the meat mixture, then the cream cheese mixture.
- Finally, top w/ the remaining noodles and sprinkle w/ cheese.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 minutes.
Serve with a salad, garlic rolls and anything sweet. Trust me, he will be delighted!
A Very Delightful Bonus
Tip: Above all, do not serve this dish without wine or with cheap wine. Delight your husband with careful wine choices.
Most importantly, this is a great gift because you get to enjoy it, too!
Now…. Go forth and delight thy husband!
In addition to all the dancing, I’ll be partying with these fabulous ladies this week: